Thursday, September 12, 2013

EU vs UK: an email to Mr Christopher Booker at the Sunday Telegraph

Dear Mr Booker

I should be very grateful for your, or your contacts', opinions re the authority of the EU over the UK. My MP, John Hemming, emailed me (22.03.2011) to say this, and I don't know how right he is:

"The EU has no power over parliament. In fact the Lisbon Treaty included a change for a provision to leave the EU. Parliament can simply refuse to incorporate EU law and in my view should be a bit more critical.

"People also get confused between the EU and the Council of Europe."

Is this correct? And if so, isn't Parliament the problem, rather than the EU?

Yours sincerely

All original material is copyright of its author. Fair use permitted. Contact via comment. No liability is accepted for third-party content, whether incorporated in or linked to this blog; or for unintentional error and inaccuracy.

No comments: