Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A letter to Swampy

... only he's not called that any more...


Saturday, 14 September 2013

Dear Mr Hooper

I was very interested to read today’s Daily Mail article about you ... and also I admire the fact that you have stuck to your principles. I wonder if you would consider writing something for Broad Oak Magazine? It’s a non-commercial internet site but although I’m not all that well-breeched I’d be willing to pay something for your time if you were willing to take part.

I started BOM in 2007 under the title “Bearwatch” because I was trying to warn about the crash that came a year later, and carried on afterwards because I thought we might be able to do something about the banks. Sadly it’s clear that that’s not going to happen and those who have the power are in league with moneyed interests. Now I’ve widened the coverage to include matters of general interest and longer-term relevance – energy, climate, agriculture, environment etc – you’ll see if you log on. But unlike the mainstream media I’d far prefer people to speak with their own voices and it’d be great to hear from someone who is aligning his daily life with his ideals.

I do hope you’ll at least think about it, and I give below various ways you can get in touch. In case you’re “deep green”, I include paper and SAE if you’ll be kind enough to reply. If you are online and know something about blogging I could send you a Blogger invitation so that you can post directly to the site and edit to your satisfaction.

Anyhow, very best wishes –
 
... I hope he replies.

All original material is copyright of its author. Fair use permitted. Contact via comment. Unless indicated otherwise, all internet links accessed at time of writing. Nothing here should be taken as personal advice, financial or otherwise. No liability is accepted for third-party content, whether incorporated in or linked to this blog; or for unintentional error and inaccuracy. The blog author may have, or intend to change, a personal position in any stock or other kind of investment mentioned.

No comments: