Friday, September 02, 2016

Friday Night Is Music Night: A Good Night Innes

JD introduces the genius of Innes:

Some more music for your friday slot. This time it is Neil Innes; all good stuff :)

Often overlooked by the cognoscenti, Neil Innes is a very talented musician who contributed a great deal to the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. He also provided the music for Rutland Weekend Television and then had his own TV series the Innes Book of Records https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Innes









He did a song with the Bonzos called "can blue men sing the whites?" You may remember it. That set me thinking and I found quite a few 'blue' men and women who really can sing the 'whites' and so another music post was born for later :)

Sackerson adds a couple of bonus tracks: the first ("My pink half of the drainpipe") was featured yesterday on Bill Sticker, and the other one ("Cat meat conga") has given me a friendly wave in my head on and off for decades:



No comments: