Sunday, May 23, 2021

COLOUR SUPPLEMENT: Cherry Pie Tree, by JD


This is a painting I have called The Cherry Pie Tree and is just sitting there on the easel shortly after I had finished it.

 When I took it to the Frame Shop Mick, the framer, looked at it and said "That looks like Flodden. Is it Flodden?" Indeed it is and he recognised the road/path and tree because he had spent a few weekends there helping with an archeological dig.

I was prompted to paint the tree when I saw a photograph on the blog "Cherie's Place" (below):


http://www.cheriesplace.me.uk/blog/index.php/2012/02/05/cheries-place-thought-for-the-week-144/

I told her via the comments that I was going to 'steal' it and paint it and when she saw the finished and framed picture she loved it so it is now hanging on her wall somewhere at home down south.

______________________________________________________________________________
Historical note: Flodden is the site of a famous battle between the English and Scots in 1513: (Ed.)

Cherry's tree photograph above was taken in 2009; below is another shot from 2018, plus JD's closeup of his finished painting (thanks to Cherry - http://www.cheriesplace.me.uk/blog/)


3 comments:

Mark In Mayenne said...

Nice!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

You know you've done a good job when someone knows the view!

Sackerson said...

Actually, the more I see this painting the more I like it. So concrete and the colours so alive.