Sunday, June 05, 2022

SUNDAY SUPPLEMENT: Abstract Artwork by JD

"There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality." - Picasso

For no particular reason I thought I would post a few abstract paintings. They all began as something but rather than removing any trace of reality they just sort of evolved into something else.

... and an alternative quote from the maestro which is appropriate for this 21st century - "The world today doesn't make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?"





1 comment:

CherryPie said...

I am rather fond of spirals and often doodle them when I am absently mindedly thinking.

So your abstract doodles in paintings one and three speak to me.

My abstract doodles start with the simplicity of the curves in your first painting to the more complex structure of multiple spirals in your third painting.

Then there is my interconnected spiral shells doodling...