4.10 p.m. BST today: a couple of Labour canvassers come to the door.
- We're from the Labour Party, can we count on your support?
- No. I can't vote for any of the major parties, because they won't give us a vote on membership of the EU. I believe that membership of the EU without a referendum is ultra vires.
- Ah, so I'll put you down as UKIP, then.
- No. I don't want in or out, I want a referendum.
- I recall we had one in the...
- No. That was on membership of the Common Market, not membership of the EU.
After asking whether my wife (they used her first name) was in, and my telling them that she was but was otherwise engaged, they left.
See you all again in five years' time, no doubt.