Monday, June 10, 2013

The PRISM Scandal: it gets worse

The ten o' clock news is full of distraction and non-denial denials from the Prime Minister and Foreign Secretary. The PM is vapouring on about the importance of the role of the intelligence services; and the FS is denying that GCHQ is breaking the law without denying that we have all our telecommunications spied on, thus confirming that the law here already permits what the Americans are doing.

I am not surprised, but I am disgusted. Caught with their pants down and without the courage to tell it like it is.

If only libertarians could leave off their trivial consumer obsessions and tackle the subject of the full-scale tyranny in front of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastically well put. Many are indeed missing the forest for the trees. Bit by bit - like the proverbial boiling frog - we have moved to the point where a truly authoritarian political structure may be possible. I once saw a tee shirt that said "I love my country, it's my Government I fear" - sums it up perfectly for me.
GreenWorld Alternative Investments