Friday, July 31, 2026

FRIDAY MUSIC: Jason “Jelly Roll” DeFord, by JD

Singer-songwriter Jelly Roll is known for hit songs like “Need a Favor,” “Save Me,” and “I Am Not Okay.” Unafraid to embrace an underdog persona, he overcame a tumultuous adolescence and early adulthood that included several stints in prison and drug addiction before achieving his music dreams. This turbulent past has helped inspire some of his most famous songs. Although he started in rap and hip-hop, the Tennessee native has emerged as a country music star. In November 2023, he was named the CMA’s New Artist of the Year and was nominated for Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards.

https://www.biography.com/musicians/a45530830/jelly-roll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelly_Roll_(singer)

Jelly Roll - Liar (Official Music Video)

Jelly Roll – God Never Let Me Stay Down | New Country Gospel Song 2026

🙏

Jelly Roll ‘How Do I Say Goodbye’ | Lyrics Video

Jelly Roll - Thorns (Official Music Video)

Jelly Roll -God, I’m Sorry | Draw back to God with this song|

I think it is Channel4 which shows The Grand Ole Opry on sunday nights and I saw him on there a few months ago and liked his style more or less immediately.

No comments: