I suppose it's reasonable to believe that when you're browsing the comment sections of blogs, interactive media or Facebook that you are reading the thoughts and opinions of genuine readers. Naturally some of them may work for the state or be functionaries of political parties but would you actually expect them to be paid expressly with taxpayers money to post messages of a particular nature?
Welcome to the rise of the professional, tax-funded internet Troll.
Here's the job advert : http://www.w4mpjobs.org/JobDetails.aspx?jobid=45223
10 April 2014
21 April 2014
Social Media Coordinator
This is a short-term consultancy contract until the end of May 2014, with an immediate start. Job share or part-time considered.
Are you a social media enthusiast? Do you engage on a variety of different social channels? We’re looking for someone creative and dynamic that has a natural flair for social media engagement. You will work closely with International Alert’s Communications and Europe Teams, and be responsible for running a short-term social media campaign (#EUnify) to counter racist and xenophobic discourse in the UK in the run-up to the European elections.
You will be responsible for building and engaging with audiences on the project’s social media channels, which includes coming up with content ideas, creating new content, amplifying messages online, managing and starting community conversations and making sure the social campaign is in line with the project's goals.
- Building and amplifying campaign messages online
- Updating the project’s social media platforms - publishing daily posts on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and any other relevant social media channels
- Increasing networks and expanding our reach across all social media channels
- Managing and moderating user generated content and posting responses including on-going conversations and private messages
- Working closely with internal teams and partners to respond to issues and co-ordinate content activity
- Disseminating messages and materials to partner networks and channels
- Setting appropriate targets on engagement and activity
- Compiling statistics and monitoring engagement on a regular basis
- Ability to create engaging and compelling written and visual content
- Proven ability to conceive, implement, and manage cutting-edge online strategies, including mobilisation campaigns
- Proficient in using and managing Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and blogs for marketing/campaigning purposes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a ‘can do’ attitude towards managing multiple tasks
- Expertise with online analytics
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex public policy and translate it into compelling digital content
For the full details please see the advertised post on our website: http://international-alert.org/jobs/social-media-coordinator.
21 April 2014
I bring your attention to this section :
You will work closely with International Alert’s Communications and Europe Teams, and be responsible for running a short-term social media campaign (#EUnify) to counter racist and xenophobic discourse in the UK in the run-up to the European elections.
I think it's clear that they mean to target UKIP.
International Alert is an NGO, that means in reality a taxpayer funded, un-elected and permanent wing of the Labour Party.
This is the new face of democracy.
That's my vote decided.
READER: PLEASE CLICK THE REACTION BELOW - THANKS!
All original material is copyright of its author. Fair use permitted. Contact via comment. Unless indicated otherwise, all internet links accessed at time of writing. Nothing here should be taken as personal advice, financial or otherwise. No liability is accepted for third-party content, whether incorporated in or linked to this blog; or for unintentional error and inaccuracy. The blog author may have, or intend to change, a personal position in any stock or other kind of investment mentioned.