Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In the news

Conservative leader David Cameron is making noises about prosecuting crooked bankers. Nice to see he's getting with my program.

Also in the Daily Mail, Alex Brummer says Madoff has queered the pitch for hedge funds generally. Damn: I had started to look at how to set one up, using links supplied by Jim from San Marcos. If I'd started a couple of years ago, I'd have got everyone into cash and made a packet for them and myself. 2 and 20, 2 and 20.

Odds on the bankers and hedgies Getting Away With It? Pretty fair, I'd have thought - especially when you bear in mind (as Denninger points out - and Jesse, too) all the others who could be implicated. To quote Oscar Wilde: "The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gordon Brown says it's all the fault of badly behaving banks and David Cameron decides to agree with him. Is it any wonder that the Tories lead is evaporating in front of their eyes.

I never thought I'd say this but "Bring back John Major". Even he looks aggressive and competent comapred to Cameon.

Sackerson said...

Anyone who could take on Edwina Currie has my deepest respect. I've often said that politically, he was a strong man in a weak position, exactly the opposite of Blair. How ironic that the latter should squeak "weak" at the former across the floor of the House of Commons. Mind you, he took on Cherie, so I could be underestimating him.